Monday, July 14, 2014

Moroni 7:48- July 14, 2014

This week was a party and here is why:

1. IT WAS SISTER GEORGE'S BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We did a lot of fun things as you can see from all of the photos that I sent home this week, including an epic hike (I cannot get over how beautiful this place is). 




Eating Ba Bao Bing (basically fruit and milk and sugar on top of ice--forget shaved ice, this stuff wins.) Drinking lu dou bing sha (Green Bean smoothies). Eating frozen mangos. Eating lime slices with brown sugar. Eating fan tuan (rice burrito). Eating a PB&J for the first time in over a year. Eating cake. yeah......eating fun things is a good way to celebrate.








We also found these massage chairs at the mall and that was fun. HAPPY BIRTHDAY SISTER GEORGE!

Us being silly at the Mall 


2. We set a lot of baptismal dates with new folks! Seriously this week was full of miracles when it came to setting dates with new investigators. There a ton of solid people what we are teaching/found this week. One includes this 50 year old man named Yang di xiong. He said that hes always been looking for God's church. He rocks. Then we set a date with a 13 year old girl. She was a member referral. It will be a little harder to teach her because shes a piano prodigy and has to go to competitions and classes all day every day. But we are working it out. She has so much faith. Also God led us to a lot of prepared folks on the street this week. Im way excited to work with these folks!

3. In terms of investigators preparing for baptism...Zhang An Fu should be getting baptized next week! He had been taught all of the lessons. He just needs to go to Sacrament meetingonce more. He has come to church every week...he's just missed the sacrament part recently. But he can do it! Pray for him! Also Li Shi Hao is really close! Smoking is becoming less of achallenge. He got a priesthood blessing and it did miracles. Went without smoking for 3 days straight which hasnt happened in YEARS. Pray for him too!

4. I got a few letters from my RCs back in JiLong. They are doing so well! I will never forget these people.
Also a visit from my MTC teacher!  


5. This last week we met with a man named Cai Di Xiong. He was a referral from the missionary tsunami. This last week was our second time meeting with him. We came prepared to teach him the Plan of Salvation. He is in a really messy divorce and is depressed. When we got to the part about the Atonement we asked him what he thought the purpose of life was and he said, "Nothing. Its empty." We showed him Alma 7:11-13:
 11 And he shall go forth, suffering pains and aafflictions and btemptations of every kind; and this that the word might be fulfilled which saith he will ctake upon him the pains and the sicknesses of his people.
 12 And he will take upon him adeath, that he may bloose the bands of death which bind his people; and he will take upon him their infirmities, that his bowels may be filled with mercy, according to the flesh, that he may know according to the flesh how to csuccor his people according to their infirmities.
 13 Now the Spirit aknoweth all things; nevertheless the Son of God suffereth according to the bflesh that he might ctake upon him the sins of his people, that he might blot out their transgressions according to the power of his deliverance; and now behold, this is the testimony which is in me.
We then testified about the healing power of the Atonement, that through faith and action in Jesus Christ, every bad thing about life would be resolved. Cai Di Xiong didnt say anything for a long time. Eventually I asked him, "What are you thinking?" He said, "Why would God want me to be divorced? Why would He allow me to be sad? Why...?" he got really angry and started yelling at us. We sat there for awhile in silence. I kept thinking, "What the heck am I going to say..." I thought about a scripture in Moses 6:32 that I read earlier that day:
 32 And the Lord said unto Enoch: Go forth and do as I have commanded thee, and no man shall pierce thee. Open thy mouth, and it shall be filled, and I will give thee utterance, for all flesh is in my hands, and I will do as seemeth me good.
So I opened my mouth waiting for words to just come out...but then I just started crying and crying and I couldnt stop. I dont even know why I was crying honestly. But then I thought about how when Jesus visited the Amercias and saw the multitude of people who were sick and burdened and it says: (3 Nephi 17) 
 19 And it came to pass that Jesus spake unto them, and bade them arise.
 20 And they arose from the earth, and he said unto them: Blessed are ye because of your faith. And now behold, my joy is full.
 21 And when he had said these words, he wept, and the multitude bare record of it, and he took their little children, one by one, and blessed them, and prayed unto the Father for them.
Jesus felt so much love for these people that he actually cried. I came to realize that I was crying because I was literally feeling God's love for this man. It was a surreal feeling. Ive never felt that much charity at one moment before. It was such a good feeling. I ended up just testifying that God loved Cai Di Xiong and that he would help him.
After the lesson we were getting on our bikes and Sister George told me that she prayed her guts out during that lesson that Cai Di Xiong would feel God's love for him. She said God must have used me as an instrument to show him because when I was tesifying his countanence changed. "It got lighter," is what she said.

That was one of the most scripture story like experiences of my mission. Every day I learn more and more how REAL this Gospel is. I know that it is real.
More miracles to report next week :)




Love, Sister Tracy
 Moroni 7:48 Wherefore, my beloved brethren, apray unto the Father with all the energy of heart, that ye may be filled with this love, which he hath bestowed upon all who are truebfollowers of his Son, Jesus Christ; that ye may become the sons of God; that when he shall appear we shall cbe like him, for we shall see him as he is; that we may have this hope; that we may be dpurified even as he is pure. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment