Monday, July 7, 2014

A place of refuge- July 7, 2014

Hey family and friends!

Awesome/Random things from this last week:

A. I got told that I have a poker face again...(?)
B. Got the door slammed in my face for the first time by this SUPER SUPER old lady.
C. An old man on the street taught me how to play "Israel, Israel God is Calling" on the harmonica
D. I was told that I have a Singaporian accent.

It is so HOT here!  All we eat is fruit and Smoothies
E. I ate dragon fruit 
F. I bought new running shoes! but I had to buy mens running shoes because they didnt have my size in womens #iaminasia

G. Oh we also had this awesome thing happen called the "East Coast Tsumani." No, not a real tsunami. Basically, 28 missionaries from Taipei took a week to travel down to our areas and contact all day to help us find new investigators. Were trying really hard to build up a stake in the East coast so this little project REALLY helped. We got 20 new investigators this week! Super awesome! But the hard part is going to be keeping track of them all...BUT we can do hard things!

We are doing so much Biking!  



The investigators from the Tsunami efforts are pretty amazing miracles.

One miracle is a woman from Indonesia named Rebecca. She is Muslim. She reminds me of my RC from JiLong (Sun Jie Mei) because she doesnt speak a lot of Chinese or English so its hard to teach her. We met with her for 15 minutes in our chapel last Saturday and after a very simple lesson on Jesus Christ we gave her The Book of Mormon in Indonesian. She said she didnt have a lot of free time so she wouldnt be able to meet with us until next week. The next day, Sunday, we're sitting in Sunday School when we get a text from an unknown number saying "Call me..." We went outside and called the number but no one picked up. We turn around and suddenly there is Rebecca...We were astonished! She told us in very broken English, "My boss got mad at me today and I felt really scared. This was the first place I thought to come to."

It reminded me of this scripture:

2 Nephi 14: 6

And there shall be a tabernacle for a shadow in the daytime from the heat, and for a place of refuge , and a covert from storm and from rain.
I know that this is God's church. It is a place of refuge and ultimate peace. Im glad that I was able to see someone else recognize that for the first time. :)
Love you all!

We Celebrated July 4th by buying American FOOD!  
Sister Tracy 

No comments:

Post a Comment