Sunday, December 8, 2013

Gotta have faith- December 8

Nimen hao! 
  
A few thoughts from this past week: 
  
A. Yu Mama got baptized and confirmed! It was really awesome. Our ward is amazing. Yu Mama doesn't really even know that many people in the ward yet but a bunch of people all pulled together and put on a really fantastic baptism for her. So many people came. I am really proud of the JiLong ward. :) And Yu mama was great. She bore a really powerful testimony and was just super excited and everyone was super friendly. As she went into the font I waited for her at the top and I just remember distinctly feeling a huge impression from the Spirit. Just really, really happy. This is Heavenly Father's will for us all. To covenant with him on earth so that we may receive His guidance and blessings for eternity. I just am really glad that I was reminded of that. So thankful. 



2. My language is nowhere near perfect but it has come really far. This last week we traveled to the Bishop's restaurant so that the new missionaries could get to know the bishop. The whole thing was in Chinese. I remember going over there the first week I was in Taiwan and feeling super helpless and "ting bu donging" everything that was being said. But this time I was able to speak in Chinese the whole time and know what was going on. I haven't even been here that long. I know the Lord qualifies us for His work. 

c. We have a lot of Christmas activities going on this week. I made a promise with Heavenly Father that I would literally give everyone I come in contact with an invite to the Christmas party. If I do this, I hope to find a new investigator at the party. Maybe I will, maybe I won't, but I have faith that something good is going to come out of this. P.S. Christmas here is really weird. No one has decorations or anything. NOTHING like America where Christmas decorations are EVERYWHERE. Thank you mom for sending me the Christmas tree advent calendar. It's about the most Christmasy thing I've seen in Taiwan so far.
 
4. I had a dream the other night where I went home for Christmas and left my mission. In my dream I told Mom, "I can't be here. I need to go back to Taiwan. I'm not done yet!" And I called Prez Day over and over and over begging him to send me back but he never answered. I woke up from my dream feeling sick, just sick, and a super awful feeling. Then I realized that it was just a dream and I was still in Taiwan. But it was interesting how I felt so terrible when I thought my dream was real initially. Things have really changed here. I miss you all but I know I am supposed to be here for a reason and I am not leaving until my work here is done. 




E. I had the best lesson 1 I have ever taught with that golden investigator Chen jie mei. She committed to be baptized on Christmas! The spirit was so strong and it was my first time extending an invitation without failing miserably! We went home that night super happy and excited to invite her twin to baptism the following day. However, we met with them after Church and they told us that their Dad says they have to wait 2 years until they can get baptized (because they are still 16). My heart broke. I was so upset. I didn't even know what to say after that. My comp had to take over the lesson cuz I just didn't know what to do. Later that night we went home and decided that we still should have extended an invite to the twin anyway and told them we would still prepare them to be baptized on Christmas. Because...we have faith. If it doesn't happen then at least we've done our part as missionaries and fulfilled our purpose to them of inviting them to come unto Christ. Tonight were gonna reinvite these twins to baptism. I have faith something is going to come out of this. With the Lord on our side, it always does. 




Well until next week...love you all! 
Sister Tracy 

No comments:

Post a Comment