Sunday, February 16, 2014

It's Gonna Be Okay- February 17, 2014

I had the most amazing miracle happen to me this week...ready for it...? 
  
I got transferred to my dream place, HUALIEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 
  
Hualien is the HAWAII of Taiwan. In the mission people call it "the Promised Land." All this last week I had a big impression that I was going to move to the East coast. Even my companion Sister Zippro had the same impression. At transfer meeting as soon as the image on the screen popped up "Hualien Zone" and there was an empty space for a girl companionship, Sis Z said to me, "Its going to be you." and I said "I know." Then it was there!!!!!!! I am so blessed to be here!!!!!!!!!!! 

Ji An

It is BEAUTIFUL here. I am living in a city called Ji An. Its VERY VERY VERY different from Taipei. Not a lot of city. Very rural. Many many farms. I live by the beach and the mountains. It's the most beautiful place I've ever been to in my life. It's sunny and warm. President Day told me that this transfer was going to be a time of peace for me and that God was rewarding me for the things I've been through here in Taiwan. SWEET. My new companion is Sister Johanson. She is from Provo Utah and she is AWESOMEEEEEEEEEE. She is everything I want to be. She loves me and I love her. :) She likes to run! Today we went running for an hour by the beach! She also loves outdoors so today we are going hiking! YAY!!!!! We work really really really well together. We also live with the sister training leaders in Hualien. One of them is my "grandma" (my trainer's trainer). She's a native. And the other is a hilarious girl from Utah who's been out for awhile too. I love them. 

Sister Johanson

Yesterday was awesome. We had 4 baptisms! Three of them were these kids from a really rough family situation. They basically take care of themselves. The ward members here rock and are really reaching out to them. On the day of their baptism Sister Johanson and I woke up at 6am and biked to their house to help them get dressed and ready to go to Church. It's 30 min bike ride and I am borrowing a bike with no seat - quite the work out. When we got there the kids weren't home. So we biked frantically around the entire block asking everyone if they had seen them. It took 1.5 hours. We stopped to say a prayer asking Heavenly Father to know what to do. When we were done, this old man taking a walk came up to us and said, "Hey! Its gonna be okay!" Sister Johanson smiled cuz we both just had a good feeling that they would get baptized. We got a call from the oldest daughter saying that they wouldn't be able to come to church and get baptized cuz their mom got in a car accident. We biked super fast to the hospital (30 mins away) and met up the with kids. The mom is okay, she had to get a few stitches but she said, "I want my kids to be baptized today. Can you help them get to church?" HECK YEAH! So we helped them get ready and then we called a member and they eventually made it and got baptized! It was a beautiful baptism! Yes everything WAS okay!!! Sometimes you just gotta slow down a sec and turn to God. Ask Him. Just do it. He will help. Everything sooner or later will be okay. Just have faith. 

We made it! It's gonna be Okay!


Four wonderful Baptisms!

I really miss my friends in JiLong. But I know other missionaries will keep the work there strong. And I will definitely see them again someday.
 
I have never been happier in my whole mission. This is a special place. God really does lift us up.
 
Love you all!
Sister Tracy
 
p.s. It's super weird that I am gonna be adult status this week - no more teens!
pss. I got a package from Mom and Lynn Merrell. I will open it this Thursday :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment