Monday, April 14, 2014

lotsastuff- April 14, 2014

Nimen hao! 
  
This week was bomb. 
  
A few updates about people we love: 
  
~Our 13 year old investigator Xing Rou is gonna get baptized next week! We found her on the streets like 2 weeks ago and she is seriously so ready! Her dad really likes us missionaries and I'm trying to get him hooked up with the elders. He really likes to smoke and drink... man man lai...but he gave Xing Rou permission to get baptized! They both came to conference! and he reads the Book of Mormon! Xing Rou was a little sad when we taught her Word of Wisdom because milk tea is her favorite drink. But she's got it :) 
  
~We also have an awesome investigator named Wayne. He is a referral from English class and he came to conference. I asked him "Do you believe what they are saying is true" "Yeah" "Do you believe that they are called of God?" He paused for awhile then looked at me and said, "I believe." He will hopefully get baptized in the next next week! 
  
~Also met these miracle girls named Anne and Laura. They already have such a strong testimony in the Book of Mormon. They read it everyday. Their barrier right now is work; they cannot come on Sundays to church. But we are praying extra hard for them and as their faith grows they will figure it out. 
  

~Baptism this week! Super amazing girl named Sophie! I AM SO STOKED. I love this girl to pieces. Such a humble heart and solid testimony in Jesus Christ. Her baptism is scheduled for after English class so everyone is going to go over and watch right after. Yayayay :)
 
Funny things:
 
~We met a man that was barbecuing possums. They still had their fur, and when we asked him if he was going to skin them, he just said "no" and then he pulled out a blowtorch and started burning it off.
 
~Walked into a mochi store to buy a treat (mochi is this famous hualien dessert) and the lady loved us so much that she gave us 3 bags full of mochi. That's like 100s and 100s of kuai!!!!! And she is going to come to English class this week! Super duper tender mercy from the Lord.
 
~An old man that we contacted really wanted to give me a hug. I didn't know how to communicate that it's a rule that I cannot hug men for a year and a half so basically it resulted in me being chased by him down the street. I literally ran away from a hug...weird feeling. 

Does anyone know what this fruit is?????

Cool things:
 
~Temple sisters came down from Taipei to go on an exchange with us. I got to go on an exchange with my trainer!!!!!!! SISTER BARDEN! It was so cool! Last time I ever did mish work with her was way back when I could barely speak to people. I was the one leading out now and idk, it was wonderful. We invited a family to baptism and got free food. It was so cool. I love love love Sister Barden. Eternal friends for sure.
  
It was so good to see these friends again!

Me and Sister Barden!

Spiritual stuff:
 
~Conference was awesome. I got to watch it in English thank goodness. I think my favorite talk was Elder Uchtdorf's talk on gratitude. Not being grateful FOR things but rather being grateful IN things. I like that perspective. Probably because it reminds me a lot of Viktor Frankel's ideas of being happy no matter what situation you are in. I am going to focus a lot of my studies on gratitude in the coming week. I invite everyone to read that talk when it comes out.  I also like Elder Scott's talk. And Elder Holland is always a boss...
 
I am falling more and more in love with this work every day. I love these people so much. Don't make me leave in a few months. 
On Top of our Building looking down at the town


I Love this place!

Love you all
Sister Tracy 

No comments:

Post a Comment