Wednesday, October 29, 2014

The work goes on!- October 28, 2014

Hello!

So stoked for today....one year later and I finally get the opportunity to go the temple!!!!!!!!!!!! The temple is the best place in the world. Everyone needs to go. Go today if you can. If you cant go today, make time. Do what you need to do to go. If you dont know what you need to do in order to go...talk to your bishop or the missionaries. EVERYONE, whether you are a member or not, NEEDS TO GO. 

Anyways, aside from that...this past week was good and this next week is going to be super busy. A few highlights
Members from my first area (JiLong) came and surprise visited me on Sunday!

(the woman is my recent convert)

We had a super awesome experience with one of our investigators. She has an issue with a commandment and Sister Wu and I were a little nervous about teaching her this lesson. We felt like it was a "make it or break it" type of lesson. We knew after she heard this news she'd probably have two choices: 1. Have faith and keep the commandment 2. Quit and stop meeting with us. So we did A LOT of prep for this lesson. We met with a member beforehand and invited her to help us teach her. We prayed A LOT. We planned a lot of scriptures and back up plans. When we went into the lesson all I can really say was that the Spirit was the strongest I have ever felt. After we taught the commandment, it was clear that she would have to make a lot of life changes...She felt distraught and we all decided to get on our knees and pray. An immediate comfort filled the room. I know it was the Holy Ghost. After the prayer our investigator said, "Okay, I can do this." What a superstar! What an example of faith! It is going to be the happiest day of my life when she gets baptized! Ive seen her life change right before my face. A life of someone who didn't know God compared to a life of someone who does know God is a very different thing. 

It's officially the start of my last full transfer now but I'm not going to let that get to me. There is still a lot of work to do. And even after the mission there will still be missionary work that needs to be done. Nothing is going to phase me, or this work.

My District


A trip to the meat and fish market!  

The work goes on!

Love Sister Tracy

No comments:

Post a Comment