Sunday, November 9, 2014

You Never Know How Much Good You Do- November 10, 2014

So this past week was super busy. Went on 3 back-to-back exchanges. But it was super good too. I'm slowly learning more and more throughout the mission that I like being busy (if it’s for the right reasons.) Also I got the chance to work with some incredible sisters. It's weird to think that I'm one of the older missionaries in this mission now.




This past Saturday I was feeling super down. I made a few goals earlier last week and basically I just really worked hard this week. I talked to literally everyone, made a super conscious effort to be exactly obedient, kept mission invites, worked diligently, and there just wasn’t a lot of progress going on with our investigators, RCs, LAs, the ward vision or anything really pertaining to missionary work. People were rejecting us more than usual. People cancelled on us last minute. For a few days I felt a bit of doubt about the promises in Preach My Gospel or from the prophets or cousel of our leaders. Basically I just felt like my efforts were being wasted. 

Saturday night I got on my knees and said a prayer, "Heavenly Father...just please help me feel better."

The following day we were sitting in Relief Society at church and a leader showed us this video called "You Never Know" Watch it right now!


I was asked to translate the dialogue into Chinese for everyone but I completely failed because I got super emotional and basically cried the whole video haha. This message was an answer to my prayer. We never know how much good we really do. Heavenly Father reminded me of a really important principle yesterday...eternal perspective. I was reminded that none of my efforts are wasted. This is GOD's work. Service will never lead to failure. We don’t always see the fruits of our labors...but we need to trust that they are there. 

Proverbs 3: 5-6

·        Old Testament
5¶ Trust in the Lord with all thine heart ; and lean not unto thine own understanding . 
6In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths . 

Don’t forget that you never know how much good you do. So don’t ever hesitate to serve others. 
 
This was me on my very first day in the MTC.  WOW!  I had no idea what my mission would be like.
Love,
Sister Tracy

No comments:

Post a Comment