Thursday, June 12, 2014

HOLA!- June 9, 2014

#1 Congrats to the 2014-2015 DRUM MAJORS!!!!!!!!!! Emily, Eric, and Zoe: you guys are going to have the time of your lives!!!!!!!!! I am so proud of you guys! p.s. can somebody please send me info on how to be a chaperone for the Austrialia trip? This is not a joke. Somebody, send me this info, please.

#2 BABY BECKHAM IS ADORABLE! Everybody stalk my family on facebook so you can see his photos. He is a Zoolander baby! So much hair!

#3 Something cool I've learned this week: How to pray when you are going through trials. The other day we were in a lesson with an LA and we were having a really great discussion about faith and trials. Our member shared a cool story. She said that awhile ago their house ran out of gas and they had no hot water. Her older two kids were okay with taking a cold shower but their youngest 3 year old was terrified. She was crying and crying and whining until finally she said, "I think we should say a prayer." At first, her family was like, "Oh come on..." But then they saw their little 3 year old get on her knees and half crying, half praying said, "Dear Heavenly Father, please help me be brave enough to take a cold shower." The member said, "I think it is interesting that she didnt ask Heavenly Father for hot water. She didnt ask Him to get rid of the trial, but rather, to have the courage to overcome." And it turns out that their daughter was able to survive the cold shower. This morning we were out of gas in our apartment and I thought about this story and I realized that I needed to change the wayI pray to Heavenly Father too. I need to ask for more courage. Cool, huh?
Selfie while riding my Bike!  


Yu Jie aka super awesome 15 yr old in our ward went out knocking doors with us 

#4 We met a cool lady named Vicki from English class. She's super Christian in another church but she is diggin the Book of Mormon and is on the quest to know whether or not it is true! She came to church yesterday and had a lot of questoins about Ressurection. She has a lot of good questions. I have a lot of faith in her. Pray that she find her answers!


#5 ZHANG AN FU HAS STOPPED SMOKING and he hasnt smoked for a week!!!!!! I am going to get a pic with this man when we meet with him on Wednesday. You guys would love him. He is the most adorable thing. We taught him the Law of Tithing last week and it was the coolest thing ever. He doesnt talk a lot, but after we shared the blessings of paying an honest tithe he broke into tears and said he believed the law of tithing was real. He came out to us about a few problems he had with gambling in the past and how he lost every thing as a result, including the love of his life. He believes he can turn his life around. It is the coolest thing to see people change like this.

#6 Amazing tender mercy from Heavenly Father yesterday! I was in a bad mood yesterday. Just thinking about stuff and came to the question: Why am I here? What am I doing on this small island? What's the point? At church, a member came up to me and hugged me and handed me a stack of cards addressed to me. I was super surprised and shocked. I opened the letters up and they were a bunch of letters from my friends in Ji Long! (my first area!) They were all about how grateful they were for my service and how they were so happy to be my friend. I have never felt so much love in my life.

Letters!

Yep, once again God has reached out and confirmed to me that this is all worth it. There is a point to all of this.

I love you all! Congrats to the class of 2014!

Mallory have a great graduation!

A Cool College here that we pass by.  
Love, Sis Tracy

No comments:

Post a Comment